Create a Klingon House Emblem
Calling all Graphic Designers and Lovers of Klingon things!
Bravo Fleet, Task Force 86 and the Graphics Departments are happy to introduce a new competition! Beginning July 3rd and running until July 24th, you have the opportunity to design your own emblem of a Klingon House! They can be a Great House, a House on the High Council, a House Minor, or a Banner member to a Great House.
Below are shareable links to the templates for the competition. There are several kinds of emblem shields in both .PSD and .PNG format. There are also some samples, a font for the Klingon language, and some suggestion notes.
This competition is open to ALL HANDS! If you are a member of Bravo Fleet and have an interest, you are eligible!
The competition will be graded on content quality, originality, and of course “looking Klingon” (as somewhat nebulous as that is). The Klingons do not seem to use concrete images (a taarg, a bird) in their emblems, but instead, rough-hewn geometrics that *could* symbolize any number of things. The intention is to create a plaque or crest you would be proud to see hanging in your Klingon household.
- The design you create should be ORIGINAL. No need to recreate the House of Mogh or House of Martok.
- The design you create should be from an ORIGINAL HOUSE as well. Please don't submit emblems for say, the House of Chang or the House of Koloth.
- Please use the provided templates (either the PNG or PSD) to create your House Emblem.
- By submitting your emblem, you are agreeing to allow Bravo Fleet and Task Force 86 to use your creation as a future Klingon House emblem (properly credited to you of course).
- Emblems will be judged on the overall quality of the .PNG and proper format (please keep your image in PNG format), originality of the design, artistic "pop" (does it look more than two-dimensional) and of course needs to "look Klingon."
- You may submit more than one entry but only one can be ranked in the top three.
Please read through and view each competition submission before making your decisions. As a general rule of thumb, the earliest person who submitted a fully correct entry should earn first place, although this may vary depending on the competition you hosted. Don't forget to compare each entry with your criteria as a rubric for grading! Feel free to contact the Chief of Staff if you have any questions about the judging process.
|Koloth||2056||This is an original crest designed for the House of Qu'Vak, a lesser house led by Starfleet Captain Koloth, the son of Qu'Vak. Qu'Vak, who died during the Klingon-Cardassian War that preceded the Dominion War, was a Gowron loyalist and Gin’tak to the House of Antaak. Although they are known as one of the more diplomatic Klingon families in recent decades, they fared poorly after the rise of Martok and have little direct involvement in current Klingon affairs. The house has controls minimal holdings on the Klingon world of H'atoria and boasts a small but respectable amount of imperial might. Koloth's mother nominally rules in her son's name whilst he continues to serve the Federation Starfleet, although he occasionally engages in exchange programmes and regularly makes efforts to visit the Empire and his home. The two mottos emblazoned on either side are "ruv" (justice) and "ghIgh" (duty).||2020-07-13 19:31:25||View Image|
|Matt Rourke||1036||The emblem for the House of K'Var, Great House of the Klingon Empire.||2020-07-09 22:45:33||View Image|
|James Preston McCallister||1759||The House of Syrtok for Councillor Harrik, son of Ni'mpek.||2020-07-04 11:44:06||View Image|